Having problems with the smell of your home? Is the smell of your food lingering in the air? Do you have pets that poop or pee at home and leave an odor? Whatever the reason, there are natural solutions to make your home smell better.
Here are some tips you can follow to make your home smell great:
- Use essential oils– You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a diffuser, or put them in a bowl of boiling water to create an instant aromatherapy session. You can also add essential oils to homemade cleaning products, or use them on their own to clean and freshen surfaces.
- Simply opening up your windows– This is the most obvious solution, but it’s also the most effective. By letting fresh air into your home, you’re quickly getting rid of any musty smells that may be lingering in your home. It’s also a great way to get some fresh air into your lungs.
- Baking soda-Baking soda is a natural deodorizer, so it’s great for absorbing smells. You can sprinkle it on carpets and upholstered furniture, or leave a bowl of baking soda out to absorb odors in the air. You can also make a DIY carpet freshener by mixing baking soda and essential oils.
- Vinegar– Vinegar is another natural deodorizer that can be used around the house. You can mix it with water to create a cleaning solution, or just use it straight to tackle tough smells.
- Lemons– Lemons are known for their fresh scent, so it’s no surprise that they can be used to make your home smell better. You can use lemon juice to clean surfaces, or cut a lemon in half and leave it out to freshen the air.
- Have a regular air conditioning maintenance or cleaning– This will help to remove any dirt, dust, or pollen that might be trapped in your air conditioner, and it will also help to keep the air in your home smelling fresh and clean. When you get a regular ac maintenance in Provo, you can also ask the technician to clean your ductwork.
- Use an air purifier– Air purifiers are great for removing airborne contaminants like dust, pollen, and pet dander. They can also help to remove odors from the air, making your home smell fresher and cleaner.
- Use scented candles or incense– Candles and incense can help to mask any unpleasant smells in your home. They can also add a touch of ambiance to your space. Just be sure to blow out candles before you leave the house, and keep incense away from any flammable materials.
- Keep your home clean– This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s worth repeating. A clean home is a fresh-smelling home, so be sure to tidy up regularly.You can also try using natural air fresheners like potpourri or scented sachets to make your home smell nice. Just be sure to keep them out of reach of children and pets.